Saturday, October 11, 2008

Renata Gives Her 2 Cents


Remember when I said I would welcome comments and other political information? Well, yippee-skippy! Someone has taken me up on the offer! I promised I would post it on the main page if the reader wanted me to, and that is exactly what I am doing. Thanks, Renata, for putting in your 2 cents.


Good Morning Melissa-
I know we belong to different political parties, and I read the blog. I had trouble commenting on it, so I'll add my 2 cents here. I read the following on Obama's website- it states the issues, what their plans and ideas are, and then asks the public for ideas.

* His short video on disabilities mentions Michelle's father's MS and the impact, and mentions Autism twice.
*Along w/ increasing funding and awareness, he wants a national re-screening for all 2 yr. olds to increase early detection especially for ASD.
*In Illinois, he sponsored legislation that became law to create ASD Diagnosis Educ. Program to promote evidence-based practices and offered educational opportunities at all levels from doctors to day-care workers to language therapists.
*Supported efforts to build Therapeutic School and Center for Autism Research
* He co-sponsored a measure that would expand federal funding for ASD life-long services
* They want to establish a position-Federal ASD Co-ordinator to be sure there is collaboration between agencies and families, and to ensure funds are spent in a way that prioritizes results.
*Goals to facilitate dialogue between federal agancies, resources, school districts, first responders and community members

They also want to establish a Civilian Assistance Corps calling on volunteers w/ expertise that could be deployed to areas of the US in times of crisis and natural disasters.

The website also answers any questions about his Christianity,etc..

I know family bonds, life experiences, religion, economic status, etc. all shape our political views--just wanted to add my 2 cents-Renata

No comments: